You can make this tiny looking yet powerful evaporative room cooler with dumped items at your home.
List of items used in this project-
1. A metallic cubical box (I used Munchini wafer box (6X6x6 inch) )
2. Cooler pad (found at hardware shop, 1 pad is sufficient for the job)
3. Wire mesh approximately 24x15 inch.
4. Fan 22W, 2700rpm, 220Vyou can even use your old computer fan)
(Available at electronic parts shop)
5. Water pump. For this you have two options-
a) Make your own pump using instructable available on the site, as I did.
b) Purchase from the market (the small one)
6. Rubber pipe (1cm in diameter and 1m long)
Few basic tools and items required-
Pliers, screwdriver, knife, hammer, M-seal, tape, super glue (fevi quick), cutter and few loose wires for fitting purposes.
Step 1: Step 1
Step 2: Step 2
Step 3: Step 3
Sandwich the pad grass with 2 mashes using some wire.
Fit the pads from inside the cooler frame using M seal and loose wires.
Step 4: Step 4
Use an external water container and place pump inside it
Step 5: Water Proof Pump
To make such type of pump follow these-
1. Take a 12v dc motor and remove the gear box if present so as to use 2400 rmp.
2.Attach a thin rod with the shaft of the motor using M-seal and fevi-quick.
3. Attach supporting rods using M-seal.
4. Cup of the pump (main part which will go inside the water ) can be any round container of appropriate size.
5. take out the metal sheet from pepsi mycan and use it for making blades(which will actually rotate the water inside the cup)
6. attach these 4 blades with the rod (attached to the shaft)
7.use 12-24 v dc adapter for supply.
8. pump is ready to lift..
Step 6: Done
Your portable cooler is ready yooo...!!