The Irish have something practically similar called 'potato farls'.
For the most part, you'll find them either in the form of a square or triangular wedge. Most tend to buy them as they're readily available for pennies.
But as a Scot living away from "home", I've had to recreate many dishes that I once took for granted.
Step 1: Ingredients:
Prep Time: 25-30 mins
Cooking Time: 20-30 mins
- Approx. 225g (8oz. or ½lb.)* floury potatoes (such as, Maris Piper, Desiree, King Edwards, Russets, Roosters, etc.)
- 50g (heaped 1/3 cup) plain/all-purpose flour
- 25g (1oz. or 2 Tbsp) butter
- salt, to taste and for cooking
- oil, for cooking
* these are the resulting weights after peeling