An exciting edible project that EVERYONE can make!
Enjoy the exhilarating experience of an erupting volcano!
EAT the delicious mashed potatoes with fresh homemade sauce.
Hey! It rhymes!
Step 1: Ingredients
250 grams minced pork
100 grams tomato paste
Step 2: Mash the Potatoes
Kids love this part, when I was young, my mom wouldn't let me help.
I begged her, and she let me. After that, I think I've done it more than 20 times.
1. Peel off the potato skin
2. Chop the potatoes into small chunks
3. Add a pinch of salt to boiling water
4. Boil the potatoes in the water till it is soft
5. drain the water and put the potatoes in a large bowl (image 1)
6. Mash the potatoes! A potato masher would come in handy but a fork would work as well
7. The potatoes are done when there are no lumps left (image 2)
8. Place the mashed potatoes in a pot (image 3)
9. Add salt, milk and a pinch of white pepper
10. heat the potatoes till it is all mixed well
Step 3: Prepare the Sauce
Requires handling of very sharp objects.
1. Chop the tomatoes into small chunks (image 1
2. Chop the onions into small pieces ~ sob sob... :' )
3. Fry the minced pork till its changes color, put them in another bowl
5. Fry the onions in a pan till you can smell the lovely aroma of onions (image 2)
6. Put the tomatoes and tomato paste into the pan with the onions
7. Cook at a low heat for 20 mins
8. Add a pinch of salt, sugar and black pepper
9. TASTE! yum
For best lava effects, the sauce should be light but lumpy.
Step 4: Make the Volcano
Use two fairly small utensils of your choice to craft the volcano.
Start with a small volcano base.
Add the mashed potatoes to the plate and make a volcano
Make sure you press it properly so it doesn't collapse easily. (image 1)
Pour some sauce into the hole (image 2)
Build on the volcano by adding more mashed potatoes to the sides (image 3+4)
Step 5: ERUPTION!
Pour the sauce into the hole and let it flow off the sides.
Chunks of molten volcanic rock roll of the sides of the volcano.
And there you have it! The Potato Volcano with Tomato sauce!
Lets dig in!
Add volcanic sounds for a more dramatic effect.
Step 6: Afterthoughts
After making this dish, I suddenly thought of an easier idea that would be easier for kids.
Make a potato mountain and dig a hole in the middle.
The rest of the mashed potatoes can be eaten separately or added to the side of the volcano.
This delicious fun dish has been an amazing enjoyment in my family, in sharing it with you, I hope you feel the same.