I suppose this recipe is more of a course in wingin' it instead of set rules. I normally make up this recipe as I go along, but tried to measure things out for once.
And best of all, you can be eating in an hour!
Step 1: Ingredients:
- one small cauliflower
- one onion
- 2-4 potatoes (you want the amount of potatoes to be equal to the amount of cauliflower)
- two small tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- handful of cilantro
- about 2 inches of ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cups water or veggie/chicken stock if you're feeling fancy
- jalapeno or other spicy pepper, if you like.
And note that the spices are just good base amounts for the recipe - you can add even more if you like! More cumin seeds and chili powder always make a good curry.
You're also gonna need a big pot to cook this in. The flatter it can all get, the better it will cook.
Step 2: Prep the veggies!
Mince the garlic and ginger, and chop the jalapeno or other pepper as finely as you like if you're using it.
Get a large pan with about a tablespoon of oil in it heating up over medium heat.