I am entering this instructable into the kite contest, and it doesn't take more than 2 seconds to vote, so please vote for me!
Step 1: Materials
- A kite to modify
-String and reel for kite
-4 jumpers ( alligator clips on wires)
- A battery or battery pack
-A remote control circuit*
-A container large enough to house RC circuit and battery
-2 motors and 2 propellers (you can use only 1 of each if you want)
-Scratch awl (or something to poke or drill holes with)
-A motor bracket
-Some experience with electronics
*I used a remote control circuit out of a RC plane. I also used the switch, rechargeable battery pack, motors, propellers, and motor bracket that were built into the plane circuit. I highly suggest using an RC circuit that has these things built in. You can take the circuit out of a RC car or plane as long as it does not have an infrared transmitter and receiver. The circuit has to be a radio signal type.
Step 2: Mounting RC Circuit and Propellers
1. Start by taping down the circuit. Be sure not to tape down the antenna, battery connection, output wires, ect.
2. Tape the battery or battery pack down
3. Next cut a hole for the switch, and the output wires (wires going to connect to motors).
4. Thread the wires though and tape the switch into place.
5. Mount the propellers to the motors.
6. Mount the motors to the bracket ( if you have one)
-Sorry I did not get a picture of the switch or battery taped into place.
- The 9-volt battery is in the picture for size comparison
Step 3: Strip Wires and Connect Jumpers
2. Do the same thing to the wires on the motors.
3. Connect the output wires to motor wires using the jumpers, make sure you have the correct polarity.
Step 4: Mounting to the Kite
1.Using duct tape mount the motor assembly to the top of the kite.
2.Make sure the propellers do not touch anything when you spin them around. If they do, adjust them until their path is clear
3. Now mount the box/circuit the same way, only this time to the bottom of the kite.
4.Take all of the lose wires and use the twist tie to mount them to the spar part of the kite.
Step 5: Fly Your Kite!
Thanks for viewing this, please favorite and follow!