I'm not satisfied with the LED video lights out there in term of cost versus light output. I bought various LED video light but none live to expectation. So the only alternative is to build one myself. One that can run at 12V by battery belt or AA batteries. Here's what the final product looks like.
Before I start the steps, following is the list of material and tools:
1. On-camera ball-mount : http://nrgresearch.com/oncamballmount.htm
2. LED (MR16) light: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3264
3. Electrical switch: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062502
4. Gaffer tape: http://www.amazon.com/Permacell-Gaffer-Tape-Yards-Black/dp/B0002GVVA0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261347874&sr=8-5
5. Project box: in my case, I use an iPod Touch box.
6. Two plastic zip ties
7. Power source: cig adapter for 12v or 8-AA battery box (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062242 .
8. Tools: high temperature hot-melt glue gun; solder iron; clear electrical tape; drill wt circular cutting bit; drill bit; any spare box