Simple to prepare, oh-so versatile... and scrumptious!
Serve this salad nestled in Hearts of Romaine, mounded into a fresh Tomato or on crisp Celery sticks. (oops... I almost forgot Egg Salad Sandwiches... but I'll bet you didn't. ;-)
Ingredients for 1 Serving:
- 2 Hard-boiled Eggs- cold
- 2-3 Pickled Beets Slices- diced
- 2 Tablespoons Pickled Beet juice.
- 1/4 cup diced Celery
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonaisse
- 1/2 teaspoon Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Pickle relish
- Hearts of Romaine Leaves- rinsed and patted dry
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garnish- Sliced Green Onions and wedges of pickled Beets
Pour the Beet Juice into a shot glass and add half of the egg whites. Refrigerate and let marinate for 20-30 minutes. Drain the now-pink egg whites and discard the beet juice. Pat them dry.
Combine celery, mayonnaise, mustard, diced beets, pickle relish and salt/pepper in a bowl and stir.
Gently fold in the chopped egg yolks and egg whites. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
When you're ready to serve, spoon the egg salad into the romaine leaves (or a vessel of your choosing) and sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese. Garnish as desired...