Introduction: Princess Belle!
I was commissioned to make this dress and I couldn't be happier with the results. Altogether it took probably 40 -45 hours over a two month period. I used costume satin and an old pattern for the base of the dress. I used a sheer overlay for the scallops and shoulder pieces, both of which I made up as I went along. The dress is fully lined, with boning and an invisible zipper as well as decorative buttons on each panel of the scalloped overlay. The bottom of the scalloped overlay where the sheer meets the silk was all hand sewn, as well as the folds in the shoulder pieces. This project was definitely challenging and very rewarding!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.