Introduction: Pringles Cement Candle
I have made a cement candle before, but this one re-uses a pringles can for the mold. I decided that cutting a new one out of material was too wasteful. Also, it took a lot of time to make.
Step 1: Tools/Materials
- Hot Glue
- Pringles Can
- Plastic Cups
- Hot Glue Gun
- Knife/Hobby Razor
Step 2: Make the Mold
- Cut off the base of a plastic, disposable cup
- Hot glue the lid on the bottom of the Pringles lid
- Cut a hole in the lid of the pringles can
- Fill the container with rocks
Step 3: Cast
Mix some cement until it is the consistency of the photo. It should be semi solid, but liquidy when agitated. Scoop cement into the pringles can. Place the lid on it and shake the can until the lid settles. If there isn't enough, shake it again to remove the lid, and more and repeat.
Step 4: Wax
- After 24 hours of curing, remove the cement from the mold. It is easier when you cut a little bit of the pringles can on the seam. Then the whole things peel away.
- Cover the candle to protect it from the wax.
- Hold the wick in place with some tape.
- Melt the wax and pour it in.
- After the wax hardens, it will suck down
- Let the wax harden and melt more wax, then pour more in.
Step 5: The End
I hope you liked this revision of the original cement candle.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.