Introduction: Print on Leather
Have you ever wished to be able to print on leather without fancy, expensive tools?
It is possible and you may have already everything at home you need.
(I apologise in advance for any possible mistakes in the wording, english isn't my mother tongue. So please be kind :)
Step 1: Supplies
- leather (every leather I tried till yet worked)
- something printed with a laser printer (it doesn't matter if black/white or colour)
- a household iron
Step 2: Select a Design
- Select a design to transfer to leather. I personally prefer zentangle patterns and designs from adult colouring books. (To add a personal touch it is even possible to copy the pattern, colour it, make a colour copy to transfer)
- Mirror the image/skript or whatever and print on a laser printer.
On the right leather you can add some colour or use the printing as a guideline for later carving and stamping (instead of a crafttool).
If you don't have access to a laser printer, an ordenary copyshop normaly uses laser printer.
Step 3: Transfer
- Wetten leather with a damp sponge (if it soaks water).
- Lay printed paper (print face down) on the leather.
- Secure with tape if necessary
- put a cotton cloth on the design
- Iron as hot as possible, use enough pressure.
Step 4: Already Finished
Marvel at your printed leather!!