It is possible and you may have already everything at home you need.
(I apologise in advance for any possible mistakes in the wording, english isn't my mother tongue. So please be kind :)
Step 1: Supplies
- something printed with a laser printer (it doesn't matter if black/white or colour)
- a household iron
Step 2: Select a Design
- Mirror the image/skript or whatever and print on a laser printer.
On the right leather you can add some colour or use the printing as a guideline for later carving and stamping (instead of a crafttool).
If you don't have access to a laser printer, an ordenary copyshop normaly uses laser printer.
Step 3: Transfer
- Lay printed paper (print face down) on the leather.
- Secure with tape if necessary
- put a cotton cloth on the design
- Iron as hot as possible, use enough pressure.