Step 18: STEP SIXTEEN: How to use the press.
The Center Bar should be elevated and held in place with the Snap Hooks/Swivels.
- Remove the Top Platen and set it aside.
- Lay a piece of paper over the Bottom Platen to protect it from the ink.
- Lay the inked etched plate face side up on top of the paper.
- Lay printing paper over the plate.
- Lay another piece of paper over the printing paper.
- Lay a thick printing blanket on the top.
- Place the Top Platen over the printing layers.
- Unhook the Center Bar and rest it on the Top Platen.
- Place the Bottle Jack on the center of the Center Bar and align the top of the jack with the Bottle Jack Guide on the underside of the Top Bar.
- Pump the Jack so that the Center Bar is pressed against the E Boards on the Top Platen.
- Pump the Jack up as far as you can get it to go.
- Use a pliers to release the hydraulic pressure of the jack.
- Lift the jack from the bottom and press it up into the jack guide to get the jack post back into the jack and so you can remove it.
- Lift the Top Platen off the press.
- Undo the printing layers. Be careful not to get any ink on the printing blanket.
- Lift your print and allow to dry.
- Clean off your plate.