They are sweet, light and shiny. It can be filled with ice cream, fruit, whiped cream and guarnished with a silky chocolate sauce.
It's much more easy to confection it than what it looks like and anyone can do it.
This recipe will be composed by three parts:
- Choux pastry ( to form the profiteroles)
- Cream filling
- Chocolate sauce
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 cup of water ( 250ml)
- 1 cup of all purpose-flower (125gr)
- 1/2 cup of butter ( 110gr)
- 1/2 cup of sugar ( 100gr)
- 4 eggs
- 300ml of cream
- lemon and/ or orange zest ( optional
- other floavouring that you like ( vanilla, etc..)
- 200gr of chocolate ( dark
- a splash of milk or cream
- sugar ( if you want)
Step 2: Choux Pastry
Place the butter, salt, sugar, and water into a saucepan in medium heat, until it boils.
Add the entire flour at once and mix until it forms a ball.
Take from the heat and let it cool 10 minutes.
Incorporate the eggs one by one without stop mixing so that the eggs do not cook.
The batter is ready
Step 3: Forming and Baking the Profiteroles
- If you have a pipping bag put the batter inside it and form little "mountains" on a tray and make sure that there is a space between them, because they will grow.
- If you don't have a pipping bag you can use a plastic bag, cut a corner and you have a homemade improvised pippingbag. Use inthe same way as you would use a real one.
- You can also use two spoons: Take an amount of batter with one spoon, transfer it to the other spoon by scrap them to each other. I know it is a little bit confused and that the profiteroles won't get so perfect. If you are having dificulties you can just place small ( or BIG!) amounts of batter in a baking tray.
Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes and more 10-15 at 175ºC (350F)
Take them from the oven and let them cool
Step 4: The Filling
To make the whipped cream put around 300ml of cream and beat them with an eletric mixer. Then add a little bit of sugar and beat again. There is no measure for the sugar, you just add the amount tha you want until it is perfect.
To fill the profiteroles are two ways.
You can cut them in half and put a spoon full of cream and then "close" the profiterol
Or you can use a pipping bag, making a small hole on the bottom of the pastries and squizing the cream into them.
Step 5: Chocolate Sauce
You just have to melt the chocolate in the microwaveor in a saucepan, add a splash of milk or cream and mix until it has the consistency that you like.
Now all you have to do is eat the profiteroles.
Pill them up and drizzle the chocolate sauce over them and you have the most delicious dessert you have ever had.
Go impress your friends and family and enjoy them!