Instead of throwing away those one-time use Propane tanks, this Instructable shows you how to turn them into a safe, reusable drink tankard. Best of all, it is a functional insulated container so, it will keep your drink cold, without sweating.
Perfect for the seasoned outdoorsman. Fill it with a favorite beverage, and appear to be drinking propane right from the tank.
Step 1: Propane and Propane Accessories
Or perhaps you just need propane fueled energy to keep you warm during the cold winter months?
What better way to show it, than by taking a swig right from the tank.
In the heat of the BBQ season, or in the dead cold of winter, you need a shot of the good stuff, and now you can appear to be drinking it, with this incredibly authentic beverage container.
"Strickland Propane may have Propane and Propane Accessories but, they aint got nothing like this!"
Disclamer: Propane is dangerous!
- Propane is extremely flammable
- The beverage container in this project is for novelty purposes only
- Propane should never be consumed in any way, shape, or form.
- This project uses EMPTY containers.
- Do not empty tanks by manually depressing the valve.
- Always empty tanks through an approved Propane appliance.
- Liquid propane expelled from its container is Dangerously Cold and will instantly freeze skin.
- Never heat propane tanks they will explode
Step 2: Finally, a use for those Tanks!
Here is a good use for them. This project is fairly easy, and costs very little.
Empty Propane Tank - Free
Pop Bottle - forfeited deposit :(
Rubber O- Ring - $0.45
Foam - ~$6.00/can Although the can is a one time use, it probably could fill 5 or 6 propane tanks if they were prep'ed and ready when the foam can is tapped.