When I was done with the carving, I cut the pieces out on the band saw; they came out looking pretty shaggy and uneven looking. I decide to glue them together anyway and clean it all up later since the glue would surely seep out at the seams. I rubbed a little bit of paraffin wax carefully into the cavity area, avoiding the edges near the glue joints. I used a slow cure extra thick cyanoacrylate glue. I assembled the pieces with the glue and the knife in position and clamped it all down to my bench with a wood block between the sheath and clamps. I pushed things around to make sure the blade was fitting well before clamping it tight and pulling the knife out, the knife was coated with paraffin wax and repeatedly pushed in and out to remove glue and further hone the fit. It sat for a couple of hours before I pulled the clamps off.