Introduction: Protecting Phone Cable Using Craft/Fun Wire
Protecting Lightning cable using Plastic covered Fun/Craft cable
- Now, the binding wire won't repair or fix non-functioning old cables, but it will help keep your new cable in condition
- Helps if the damage to your cables isn’t too severe (i.e. lightning cable is functioning)
- Adequately flexible to prevent from further breaks
- Rigid enough to hold the cable straight
- Plastic coated binding wire is covered with plastic hence softer at the ends with no sharp edges popping out
Step 1: What We Need?
- iPhone Lightning cable
- Plastic coated Craft/Fun/Binding Wire
- I found mine at a local hardware store, I use it often to keep my cables organised
- Used to tie electric cables around your appliances
- May find one for a floral arrangement, holiday decorations and other craft - https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Coated-Value-Coils-...
- Glue Gun (optional)
Step 2: Unwind the Twists and Bends
Step 3: Wind the Binding Wire Around the Cable
- Make sure there are no gaps between each winding
- Make sure the winding is not overlapping
- The winding should not be too tight, as it increase the tension on the elasticity of the Lightning cable
- The winding should not be too loose, as it won't be able to provide the support to the cable
- After winding the binding wire, rotate the binding wire coil to tighten or loosen the coil
- Stick some glue at the ends of the binding wire after winding it around the lightning cable (The glue I used was soft, giving it more flexibility)
Thank you for your time!