Introduction: Prototype Inspection Rover
In my line of work I spend a lot of time under mobile homes doing repair work. I thought it would be handy to have a camera I could send in to find the problem and maybe save a few extra trips under!
Step 1: First Thing to Do Was Make a Stable Platform.
I had some old rc car parts laying around so I started with 2 Tekno SCT 410's.
Step 2: Modification
The chassis were stripped and I modified, cut, stretched, and welded a new chassis with dual front ends.
Step 3: Functional Steering, Main Beam
The next step was to get it moving!
Step 1: I installed the main beam between the 2 shock towers.
Step 2: I modified and installed the 2 servo brackets for the steering
(1) 585458 Actobotics 15" aluminum channel (modified)
(1) 585470 Actobotics 90 degree dual side mount A (pair)
(2) 575148 Actobotics standard servo plate D (modified)
Step 4: Lift Arm
The next step was to create the lift arm for the camera
Step 1: I installed a servo gear box at the rear base
(1) SPG400A-CM-CR7 Actobotics channel mount servo gear box
(1) 585444 Actobotics 4.5" aluminum channel (Modified)
(1) 584494 Actobotics 90 degree hub mount bracket
(1) Radio Shack 1.5kpotentiometer
(1) 585580 Actobotics flat triple bracket (receiver mount)
Step 2: I made the arm with bracing and attached to gear box.
(1) 585456 Actobotics 13.5" aluminum channel (modified)
(3) 545360 Actobotics 90 degree quad hub mount C
Step 3: I Made a battery box
(2) 585440 Actobotics 1.5" aluminum channel
(2) 545360 Actobotics 90 degree quad hub mount C
Step 5: Pan Tilt System
The next step was to create the pan tilt system
Step 1: I installed the top lift servo on the arm (keeps the camera system level with the base)
(1) 575144 Actobotics standard servo plate C
(1) 637110 Actobotics standard Hitec servoblocks
(1) 585422 Actobotics flat dual channel bracket
(1) 575124 Actobotics standard servo plate B
Step 2: Pan Tilt system
(2) 525124 Actobotics Hitec lightweight servo hub
(1) 585584 Actobotics flat bracket B
(1) 585468 Actobotics flat single channel bracket
(1) 575144 Actoboticsstandard servo plate C 9modified)
Step 6: The Final Result Is a Good Stable Machine That Will Go Pretty Much Anywhere I Need It To!!!
6 Hitec servos
Futaba 8 FG Super Radio
10 channel receiver
Castle Creations Mamba Monster Xtreme
Tekin Pro 4 3300kv motor
Castle Creations BEC
Radio controlled switch
GoPro Hero 4 Session Camera
It takes a good deal of servo and radio programming to get it all to work, especially the 2 wheel, 4wheel, and crab walk steering!