This is a cocktail inspired by the super classy Luce del Sole, whose ingredients I am not financial equipped to obtain if I wanted to do it justice. I know there are many others out there who cannot afford to drop $80+ on the super luxurious ingredients that most of the great high-end cocktails require so I wrote this instructable to help make this cocktail more within the means of the average Joe Barfly. I strongly believe in quality and balance above all, but remember: sophistication is an attitude. It's not about what you are drinking, it's about how you drink it.*
*Yes, even if you are drinking whatever unmentionable thing you are thinking of, wise-guy....
Step 1: Tools & Ingredients
- Lime Juice (1.0 oz)
- Lemon Juice (1.0 oz)
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice (1.5 oz)
- White Rum (1.5 oz)
- Honey (1 tsp)
- Bitters (3 light dashes)
- Navel Orange
- Cocktail shaker
- Pairing knife
Step 2: Making Your Orange Cup
- Cut your navel orange in half.
- With your pairing knife, cut around the perimeter of the orange to loosen up the sides for easy scooping.
- Scoop the insides of the orange out with a spoon.
- Cut the stem in the middle off with your pairing knife.