Introduction: Puli Saadham (Tamarind Rice)
In this instructable I'm gong to show you how to make Puli Saddam, which is a tangy Tamarind rice, commonly eaten in south India. This dish is easy to prepare and if you like tangy dishes I'm sure you will like this dish.
Step 1: Ingredients
For this instrucbtable you will need
- Boiled Rice
- Tamarind water
- 1 chopped Onion
- Curry Leaves
- Cooking Oil
- Channa Dal
Step 2: Cooing Time
- First, take a cooking pan and add some oil and heat it.
- Add Peanuts and some channa dal and peanuts and fry them while stirring constantly.
- After frying them stain out the excess oil and keep the mixture aside for later.
Step 3: Frying Pan
- In a frying pan heat up some oil.
- Then add mustard seeds to the oil and stir.
- Later add some chili and curry leaves and continue stirring.
Step 4: Adding Rice
- Next add the sorted peanuts and channa dal mix to the pan and stir.
- Later add the boiled rice, coriander powder,and Tamarind water continue stirring until the Marsala reaches evenly on the rice.
Step 5: Serving
This dish tastes best when eaten hot, you could serve it with the potato fry I showed you in the previous instructable.