Pumpkin bread is a great holiday treat and very easy to make. You don't even need a blender for it. You can make it in a couple of 9x5 bread pans or split it up into muffins or the wax paper mini-loaf holders.
For a quick and easy baking fix this one will be just right.Bowl 1
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 16-ounce can pumpkin
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
OK, got everything? Let's go!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter and flour two 9x5 loaf pans
- Bowl 1 - Beat the sugar and vegetable oil together.
- Bowl 1 - Mix in the eggs and pumpkin
- Bowl 2 - Sift all of the Bowl 2 ingredients into the bowl
- Bowl 1 - Stir in dry ingredients from Bowl 2
- Pour batter into bread pans
- Put pans in oven until a toothpick comes out clean when you test it, about an hour.
- Let pans cool on a rack for 10 minutes
- Run a knife around the pans to loosen the bread and turn over onto a wire rack to fully cool