Introduction: Pumpkin Pancakes
A more socially acceptable way to have pumpkin pie for breakfast...
- 1 cup almond meal
- 5 Tbs whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon*
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg*
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger*
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice*
- Dash of cardamon*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Or substitute these five ingredients with 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Coffee grinder or food processor (if you want to grind your own almond meal)
1. Begin with purchased almond meal, or grind almonds as finely as possible
2. In one bowl, mix all dry ingredients
3. In a second bowl, thoroughly blend almond milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, butter and vanilla
4. Combine wet ingredients into dry
5. In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites and a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form
6. Slowly fold egg whites into batter
7. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter on a preheated skillet and flip when edges of pancake are dry and bubbly
Top with ginger syrup, coconut whipped cream and/or a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes...?
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.