Here's what I used for this project:
- Bag of mixed nuts (including walnuts and hazel nuts)
- whole cloves
- craft glue
- glue gun
- Scrap cardboard/matte board
- Clips (mine were 50 cents each from the container store)
- Leaf wire trim (got this from the container store many years ago for another project)
- Fujifilm instant camera
These are fairly straightforward to put together:
- Using acrylic paint, color the walnuts and hazelnuts to look like pumpkins and acorn squash.
- Attach the whole clove "stems" with craft glue.
- Cut out half-ovals from leftover cardboard or matte board.
- Attach the nuts to the board with a glue gun.
- Attach the decorative leaf trim along the curved edge of the board with a glue gun.
Attach a clip to the back of the pumpkin/walnut with a glue gun.
Now you're done, until the event! This is the fun part...
- As guests arrive, take their photos with an instant camera.
- Put the photo in the clips.
- Set the table.
- Sit at your places and eat!