Pam (blog owner) decided to represent her way of blogging with one great cupcake recipe perfect for Halloween or Thanksgiving holiday! Enjoy!!!
For the cupcakes :
1 box Betty Crocker super moist vanilla cake mix — or any Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
1 large egg
2 egg whites from large eggs
1 can pumpkin — not pumpkin pie filling; pumpkin should be the only ingredient listed on the can
2 tbsp Land O’ Lakes light butter with canola — melted and cooled
1/2 cup apple juice — keep it at room temperature
1/4 water — keep it at room temperature
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting :
1 heaping cup marshmallow fluff — mist a measuring cup with cooking spray for easy removal
1 heaping cup whipped cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 to 1 tsp cinnamon
Candy corn (optional)
Colored sprinkles (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tin or paper liners in cups and set aside until ready to fill.
- Pour the dry mix in a large mixing bowl. With a wire whisk, loosen up the mix. Start adding all of the ingredients one at a time, and stir with a rubber spatula after each addition.
- When all ingredients are incorporated, change over to a hand held mixer. Mix for about 2 to 3 minutes until nice and fluffy looking.
- Cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap. Chill batter in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge and fill the cupcake tins. I used an ice cream scooper. If you don’t have one, use about 1/3 cup batter for each cupcake. You should have enough for 18 cupcakes.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes; turn pan around after about 12 minutes for even baking. Cupcakes are done when a wooden skewer or toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Cool pan on rack for about 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool on rack until completely cooled.
- In the meantime, place all your frosting ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until fluffy using a hand held electric mixer.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost each one. You will have enough frosting for each cupcake. Decorate with your favorite sprinkles and enjoy!
Makes 18 frosted cupcakes.