Since this project is actually about upgrading an old boring round mirror, you would need a old round mirror, if you don't have one you have to buy one. so this is what you will need (Some important stuff is shown on the Image above)
- An old round mirror about 10 inch (Mine was 11 inch).
- A MDF Board about 20x20 inches in size and about 15mm thick. You can also use a plywood. I chose mdf because its lightweight and sturdy.
- Some cardboard about the size of mirror and little thicker.
- Plaster of paris about 2kg (Its always better to keep more).
- About 2kg of purple aquarium pebbles of medium size (rougly little smaller than size of almonds).
- A small plastic bucket of size about 2Litres or a container.
- A hook to hang the mirror.
- 4 clips to lock the mirror back with cardboard (I got it from an old photo frame)
- Some old newspapers . (I made a lot of mess, you may too :))
- A piece of white cotton cloth.
- Some old cotton cloth or towels for our hands to dry.
- A small painting brush.
- 5-6 OHP Sheets (you can also use thick plastic sheets if you have.). I chose OHP because I had them already.
- OHP marker pen.
- A craft scissor.
- A cutter or knife to cut the cardboard.
- A measurement scale.
- A stapler
- Super glue or instant 1drop glue.
- About 6-8 screws of size 1/2inch.
- Sand Paper No.120.
- Some hand and body lotion.
- Our best friend patience :)
- OPTIONAL but can be very helpful. A helping hand.
This is my first ever project with plaster of paris(POP) and I have learned many things about POP while working on this project. I also figured out my own ways to work with POP which may not be simplistic or professional, but they worked for me. I am sure you will have better methods if you choose to make this.
Lets start by preparing our mirror frame