Introduction: Quadruple B's Sandwich Luxe (Big, Biscuit, Bacon & Egg Brunch)
When it's finally time for brunch to roll around it usually means somebody or bodies are going to be hungry. Very, Very Hungry! And you know what that means? Well, it means that it's time to bring out something that's going to stick to the ribs and keep folks going until the next big meal shows up. Alright! I've got a serving suggestion: It's time to bring out the Quadruple B's (Big, Biscuit, Bacon & Egg Brunch) Sandwich Luxe to the rescue!
Step 1: What You Need:
- Biscuit pan (pie pan or something similar)
- Rolling pin or smooth sided drinking glass
- Large mixing bowl & spoon
- Measuring spoons & measuring cup
- Waxed paper or plastic wrap to roll out dough on
- Biscuit cutter or large thick jar lid
- 450 degree oven
Homemade Biscuit Ingredients:
- 2 cups All purpose flour (I'm using half organic whole wheat and all purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of regular sugar (I'm using 2 tablespoons of brown sugar)
- 1/4 or less teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup shortening (butter, margarine or other type shortening)
- 2/3 cup of milk (or other milk substitutes)
Tools for Eggs and Bacon Mixture:
- Small or large skillet (depending on how many eggs you use)
- Of course, a stove to cook on.
Eggs & Bacon Mixture:
- Oil -- I added 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, but you can use what you prefer.
- Eggs -- I'm using 2 eggs for demonstration, but you can use as many as you need or skillet can hold.
- Bacon -- I'm using 2 small slices, but you can use as many as you want or none.
- Sprinkle on a little salt and pepper to your taste.
Step 2: Homemade Biscuit Mixture:
- Tear off about a 1 and 1/2 feet of wax paper or plastic wrap and tape both sides to counter. (That is, if you don't have a marble or granite slab.)
- Put all dry ingredients in bowl and then cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well (hole) in center.
- Add milk to well and stir just until mixture sticks together. Place on wax paper and .knead.
- Roll out with roller or glass to about 1/4 inch thickness. Then use flour dusted cutter or cutter made from large jar top.
- Place cut biscuits into pie pan.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes till golden. Cool slightly, and then slice in half.
Step 3: Bacon & Eggs in Skillet:
- Pour extra virgin olive oil (or your choice of oil, butter or margarine) into skillet heat on low. Place eggs and cut up pieces of bacon in bowl and mix. You can add a little water if you like. Then pour into heated skillet on low.
- Let mixture set for a minute or so. To turn mixture over easily you can divide down the center with spatula.
- Turn each side separately.
- You can divide into fours or double each side over -- depending on how much you like.
Step 4: Serving Suggestions:
You can add other ingredients to the egg and bacon mixture if you like, such as:
- hash browns
- other veggies