Introduction: Quick Chicken Strips
These are quick, easy chicken strips that even my pickiest friends enjoy.
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
4 oz. Panko bread crumbs
pinch of salt
pinch of ground pepper
pinch of garlic powder
vegetable oil for frying
1. Cut the chicken breast into strips approximately 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches long.
2. Mix the Panko, pepper, salt, and garlic in a large bowl.
3. Crack the raw egg into a large bowl and give it a few pokes and a stir with a fork.
4. Put all of the chicken into the egg bowl, and mix thoroughly to evenly coat the chicken.
5. Take each strip from the egg, give it a light shake to get any loose drips of egg to fall off, then drop into the panko mixture.
6. Evenly coat all of the chicken strips with bread crumbs by tossing them lightly with your hand.
7. Pour enough oil into a large skillet to just barely cover the bottom of the pan.
8. Heat the skillet over a medium heat. Test with a drop of egg; if the egg sizzles immediately, but doesn't pop, the pan is at the right temperature.
9. Place the strips in the pan to fry, leaving a bit of space between the peices.
10. When the chicken is about half cooked, flip it over with a pair of tongs.
11. Pull the chicken from the pan when it is golden brown on both sides and the meat is fully cooked. Place on a cooling rack over a paper towel. There should not be any excess oil, but occasionally there is a drip or two.
12. Enjoy! This goes especially well with some baked mac-and-cheese and a side of steamed broccoli.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.