Introduction: 5 Minute Egg & Ham Breakfast Bowl
Here is a quick, healthy, and easy to clean up breakfast that you can make in the microwave.
All of the items should be available at Wal-Mart. If you don't like Wal-Mart or don't have one near you, feel free to substitute items with similar items at your own risk.
Step 1: Things You'll Need
Things you'll need:
-2 Large Eggs
-6 Small Slices of Ham (I used Oscar Mayer's Delifresh Black Forest Ham)
-1 Soft Taco Shell (I used La Banderita Low Carb Low Fat Soft Taco)
-1 Fork and Knife (Optional)
-1 Microwave-Safe Bowl (Splatter Guard Optional)
-1 Microwave (Mine is 1100 Watts)
Step 2: Let's Get Started!
1. Place soft taco over the bottom of the bowl. Make sure that the edges curl up at least slightly to ensure that things stay inside the taco shell. Essentially we are using the taco shell as a bowl.
2. Place 2 slices of ham in the taco shell.
3. Crack eggs and place them over the ham and taco shell.
4. Place another 2 slices of ham over the eggs.
4. Put bowl in microwave and set for 1 minute and 30 seconds. A splatter guard is highly recommended.
Step 3: Your Bowl Should Now Look Something Like This
The eggs should have a consistency similar to Sunny-Side-Up style eggs (whites cooked; yolks liquidy)
You can poke the eggs to make sure this is the case.
Step 4: Finishing It Up!
1. Carefully remove bowl from microwave and throw on the last 2 slices of ham.
2. Place back in the microwave for 1 minute.
3. Remove and enjoy!
Step 5: Conclusion & Modifications
So we have a quick, healthy, and easy to clean breakfast. It has 266 calories if you make it exactly the way that I did--which allows for the inclusion for some fruit or cereal for a more rounded and bigger breakfast.
This breakfast can be easily modified, but you will need to play with the cook time if you do.
Other meats, cheeses, and all sorts of vegetables can go very well with this.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.