Introduction: Quick Orange Cake One Try
I really carved for some cake today. I had some oranges, so wanted to try orange cake. Usually i don't use icing in my cake. Here i am using store bought whipped icing.
For Orange Cake Ingredients needed:
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Powdered Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder - 3 teaspoons
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Orange juice - 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 2 (beaten)
- Orange zest - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- whipped cream.
This is a quick orange cake recipe. Hope you like it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degree C)
- Grease 9 *5 inch loaf pan (You can also use two round pan of 8- inch)
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix in sugar and orange zest. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare Batter
- Combine milk and oil. Beat eggs.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the milk mixture, and beaten egg.
- Stir to combine thoroughly and add the orange juice and Mix well.
Step 3: Bake It...
- Pour the batter into loaf pan.
- Bake it for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Tips: If you are using round pan, divide the batter into 2 pans and bake it for 35 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow to cool.
- Add whipped icing on the top and sprinkle some orange zest.
Quick easy and delicious orange cake is ready to serve.
- Variations whipped icing will melt quickly if temperature is hot. So if you are making cake the previous day, use buttercream icing or do the icing right before serving.
- Insert toothpick randomly on cakes to make some holes and pour some orange juice mixed with powdered sugar.
- Add orange jam on top of it.
- You can use homemade orange buttercream frosting or sugar glaze instead of whipped icing.
Step 4: Extra Tip to Prepare Homemade Orange Buttercream Frosting
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the icing sugar, orange peel and vanilla.
- Add enough orange juice to achieve frosting consistency.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.