Introduction: Quick and Healthy Spinach Soup
This recipe is from my mom. This is a great soup for people who are calorie conscious, as it does not include any fats and artificial flavoring. This is healthy because spinach gives you a lot of Iron and fiber.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Half bunch of spinach (serves 2/3)
2. Medium Size Tomato
3. Medium Size Potato
4. Salt to taste
5. Crushed Black Paper to taste
Also need :
1. Microwavable bowl with lid
2. Hand Blender / Mixer
3. Kitchen Knife
Preparation Time :- 5 min
Cooking Time :- 15 min
Step 2: Prepare Vegetables
- Wash spinach, potato and tomato
- Chop spinach , peel and chop potato
Step 3: Cook and Blend
- Put spinach, potato and tomato in microwavable bowl
- Put the bowl with lid closed in microwave
- Cook for 8-10 min at full power
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and blend the veggies using hand blender or mixer
- Add 2 cups of water, salt and crushed black paper to taste
P.S. You could even blanche the tomato. I normally don't do this as it gives some extra fiber
Step 4: Serve
- You may want to reheat after you have blend the veggies to server hot
The Soup is ready!
P.S. People who are less calorie conscious may add some fresh cream
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.