Introduction: Quick and Easy EasyUp Portable Tent Anchoring
Final result pictured.
In Florida, we live by the EasyUP.....
Here is my EasyUp quick and easy anchoring system. Unlike typical string and stakes or string and some heavy anchoring material like a boat anchor, this one requires no string, no knots, minimal additional space and no added stress on your cloth shade.
Step 1: Supplies
You will need:
- An EasyUp tent. I recommend getting the name brand unit. They were the first and are the best quality.
- A 4 Pack of mini clamps. These pictured were purchased at HomeDepot for just under $6
- 4 buckets. I chose HomeDepot 5 gallon buckets because I was at the store already. Another great idea would be to get yours from Firehouse Subs. They sell their discarded pickle buckets to benefit local firefighters.
Step 2: Put It Together and Done
1. Fill the buckets with whatever you have: Water, sand, heavy junk, ice and drinks, drunk friends, etc.
2. Use the quick clamps to clamp onto the leg of your EasyUp and the bucket handle. Place the handle into the clamp and then clamp it to your EasyUp's leg. Clamp so that the excess clamp rail slide points towards the bucket as pictured so that it doesn't snag someone's leg as they walk by.
You can use the buckets to help carry your gear to your spot if your spot contains the anchor media you will use. Fill them when you get where you are setting up and dump them there too so that you are carrying them empty or using them to carry other items.
I really like the idea of filling with ice and drinks as well.