It's best served warm with ice cream or freshly whipped cream!
Step 1: Ingredients!
- 1/4 cup room temperature butter (4 tbsp, half a stick)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp good vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 cups pecan halves, raw
- 9 inch pie crust, unbaked
- large mixing bowl
- hand mixer/whisk
- measuring spoons and cups
- a small narrow bowl or cup
- a small whisk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- a couple drops of peppermint extract
- around a tbsp of sugar
Step 2: Cream the butter, beat the eggs.
Plop the butter and brown sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat at a low speed until nice and creamy.
Use a fork to beat the eggs until they're a uniform yellow color.