Step 7: Observations & Summary
1) This can be used on any finger.
2) The padding is important to prevent chafing and blistering.
3) This is a temporary splint.
4) You can use any kind of card. (gift, credit, ID, etc.)
5) I have almost full mobility, except to bend the thumb at the first joint.
Warning I had already been to the doctor and he told how to wear a splint. Remember to consult with your doctor as soon as you can.
In a pinch this works well. He said I only needed it for a week or so. I saved $5+ and I gained this knowledge for future uses. In fact, I am typing this instructable with the splint on my thumb. I am satisfied with the results of my Impromptu Finger Splint.
Hear advice, and receive instruction, so that you may be wise in your latter end.