Introduction: Quilled Lotus on CD
I had a few old discarded CDs, so thought of making something fun out of it- plus i love quilling!
I have tried to detail every step in here , but I am happy to help with any more info or details you need on this.
Hope you enjoy this! :)
Step 1: Things You Need
What you need-
- Quilling Paper- Dark Pink - 5 mm -70 strips(My strips were medium length,so if you have extra long strips you can adjust the number accordingly)
- Quilling Paper- Light Pink- 5 mm- 9 strips
- Quilling Paper-Yellow - 10 mm -2 strips
- Quilling Paper-Dark Brown - 10 mm - 2 strips
- Green Paper- Thick or crepe- for the leaf and stem
- Blue - Thick Card Paper to cover the CD from both sides
- White plain paper - cut in two circles of 3cm and 5 cm
- Glitter - Just for a shimmery look
- An old CD
- A hard metal wire to elevate the small lotus
- A pair of scissors
- Craft Glue
- Quilling Tool
Step 2: Setting Up the Base
- Wrap the CD with the blue paper on both ends.
- Cut the green paper into leaf-shaped circles and stick them onto the CD
- Sprinkle a bit of glitter onto the leaves
- Cover the metal wire with green paper- i simply rolled the paper along the length
Step 3: Quilling the Lotus
- Stick one strip of yellow quilling paper to one strip of brown and make a fringed flower for the center. Make two such flowers
- For the big lotus -
- Make coils out of 9 light pink strips and press each of them to make a marquise shape.
- Make 6 coils of dark pink (each 2 strips long) and press each to make a drop shape
- Make 12 coils of dark pink ( each 3 strips long) and press each to make a drop shape
- For the small lotus-
- Make coils of 22 dark pink strips and press each of them to make a marquise shape.
Step 4: Assembling the Lotus
- For the big lotus-
- Take the 5 cm white paper circle and place the yellow-brown fringed flower at the center.
- Then stick the light pink marquise shapes around it in a circle in a standing position and then go for the dark pink ones (2 strip long) at an angle to give it a 3D effect.Give each piece enough time to dry before you go for the next one.
- Stick the 3 strip long dark pink coils at the end of the circle horizontally.
- Keep the whole arrangement in your palm and slightly press the fringed flower
- Stick this onto the CD
- For the small lotus
- Take the 3 cm white paper circle and place the yellow-brown fringed flower at the center.
- Stick the dark pink marquise shapes around the flower - 10 vertically as in the previous step and 12 horizontally on to the paper.Let it dry
- Stick the covered wire onto the base of the small lotus
- Assemble everything onto the CD and there you go! :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.