If you can crave it, you can quill it! Decorate your fridge with your favorite foods -- in this case, sushi!
For this project, I used 1/4 inch size strips of quilling paper.
- 6 pink, 6 light green, and 6 black strips each 8 inches long
- 12 white strips, 1 pastel green strip, and 1 pastel orange strip each 17 inches long
- 1 petri dish (100 x 15mm) - 1 adhesive magnet (business card size)
- Washi tape or masking tape color of your choice at least 1/2 inch wide (I use about 1 inch wide.)
- 2 toothpicks
- 1 sheet of paper (color of your choice)
- Craft glue
Slotted quilling tool or tool of your choice
Step 1: The Filling
Roll the pink and green strips into relaxed closed coils.
Shape the pink coils into ovals.
Shape the green coils into crescents and glue one to each pink oval.
If you're feeling extra creative, you can mater whatever filling you like!
Step 2: Shaping the Sushi
Glue the end of a white strip to the top of a green and pink set. Wrap around the set to make a closed circle. Repeat for each set. This completes your pieces of sushi!
Step 3: Wasabi
Arrange the coils into a flower shape and wrap and close the remainder of the strip around the entire shape.
Step 4: Ginger
Step 5: The Plate
Arrange and glue your quilled pieces to the paper circle.
(Optional: cut off one pointed end of each toothpick.) Glue the two toothpicks next to your sushi.
(Optional: Decorate your plate with flowers or shapes.) Glue the circle with quilling onto the larger side of the petri dish and cover it with the smaller side.
Step 6: Seal the Deal
Cut the magnet in half and adhere it to the back of the petri dish.
Place on your fridge and enjoy!