Cozy up your patio furniture or picnic blanket with quilt-inspired, weather proof pillows! This project is super quick, inexpensive and provides an attractive alternative to the standard (and generally hideous) outdoor decor.
Materials and Tools
This project requires very few materials, but can be as complex as you like. All you need is:
- Duct Tape - Preferably a heavy/weather proof tape as the structural front and back pieces (which i am going to call the 'base tape') and then as many colors as you need for your pattern
- 1 Gallon Freezer Bag
- Packing Peanuts
- Rotary Cutter (or other cutting implement)
- Cutting mat with length indicators - This does not need to be a cutting mat, however, you do need a surface on which you can easily attach and remove duct tape. Length markers of any kind will be really helpful for lining things up.
Step 1: Tape Base
Start by making and attaching the back of the pillow to the freezer bag:
- Layout 7 slightly overlapping strips of base duct tape, about 12" long
- Remove and flip whole piece over
- Place freezer bag in the center
- Fold outlying tape over both sides and bottom of the bag
- Along the top, fold tape over on itself, not interfering with the zipper