Introduction: Quinoa Burgers
Suitable for gluten free, lactose free, low FODMAP diet.
150g Quinoa, prepared according to packet
1 courgette, grated
2 eggs (beaten)
100g crumbled feta
Bunch of coriander, chopped
50g pumkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp tamari (or soy sauce if you are OK with gluten)
50g spelt flour
juice of 1/2 lemon
3-4 tbsp oil for shallow frying
1. Begin by draining or squeezing liquid out of the courgette. Do this either in your hands, of place courgette in a seive, with a bowl on top weighted down with a can for 30 mins.
2. In a heavy based pan, toast the seeds on a low heat for 5-10 minutes. Turn off the heat if they beging to pop. Transfer to a bowl and pour 1/2tsp soy sauce onto warm seeds. Stir to mix
3. In a large bowl, mix quinoa, coriander, courgette, 2 eggs and lemon juice. Add the seeds and the crumbled feta.
4. Now add the oats and flour a little at a time. You may need more or less than the amount stated depending on how liquid your mixture is. Keep adding until you can form the mix into a ball that will hold its shape.
5. Form the mixture into round patties - each one should be around 2 Tbsp of the mixture. Meanwhile, heat the oil (I used olive oil) in a large pan.
6. When the oil is hot, put 4-5 patties into the pan to cook over a low-medium heat. After 5 minutes, when it is golden brown on one side, flip over and cook on the other side
7. Remove patties from the pan onto a piece of kitchen roll to remove excess oil.
See http://fodmapforfoodies.blogspot.co.uk/ for more vegetarian, gluten-free, lactose free, low FODMAP recipes
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.