Introduction: Quinoa Snack Bites - Prawn Masala Quinoa Snack Bites AND Roasted Pepper Tahini Sauce Quinoa Pizza Bites
In this instructable, I have made 2 snacks. I have made the Quinoa Pizza Bites and topped it with 2 completely different toppings. One being the prawn masala and prawns and the other beings roasted pepper tahini sauce and fresh corn and cilantro. Hence, I have named my snack bites as Prawn Masala Quinoa Snack Bites and Roasted Pepper Tahini Sauce Veggie Quinoa Pizza Bites. It tastes delicious and can be used in parties to entertain guests. Please try it and let me know your findings. Thank you.
Step 1: Make Quinoa Pizza Bites Base
- Quinoa - 2 Cups
- Water - 2 Cups (for soaking quinoa)
- Chopped Cilantro - 2 Tbsp
- Crushed Cumin - 1 Tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Sesame Seed Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Wash the quinoa and soak it in equal quantity water for atleast 10 hours or overnight.
- After 10 hours, drain the soaked quinoa if any water left and grind it to a fine paste. Do not add extra water while grinding else the batter will become too thin.
- Transfer the quinoa batter in another vessel.
- Add crushed cumin, baking powder, sesame oil, chopped cilantro and salt. Mix well.
- The consistency of the batter should be like that of a pan cake batter.
- Grease a muffin tray Place strips of wax paper so its easy to lift the cooked quinoa pizza bites.
- Pour the quinoa batter Bake for 10mins one side and 5mins on the other side in a preheated oven at 425 degree F.
- Its very hot so take necessary precautions while flipping the pizza bites.
Step 2: Make Prawn Masala
- Red Chilly Powder - 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/5 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Sesame Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Chopped Cilantro - 3/4 Cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Tomato - 1 Cup
- Salt - to taste
- Heat some oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds.
- Once it crackle, add cumin, curry leaves, ginger garlic pate, onions and salt. Mix well.
- Once the onions turn pinkish, add chopped tomatoes and half of the chopped cilantro.
- Mix well until tomatoes are half cooked.
- Add the dry spices - turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilly powder.
- Mix well till the masala cooks well and the raw smell of all the spices are gone.
- Add the washed prawns, mix well.
- Cook for about 5 mins or until the prawns are well cooked.
- You could add a dash of fresh cream and mix well.
- Prawn Masala is ready!
- Let the mixture cool a little bit before using it as topping for the quinoa pizza bites.
You could use this as a side dish for Indian Breads like Chapati/Naan/Paratha as well.
Step 3: Make Prawn Masala Quinoa Snack Bites
- Spread the masala on top of the baked quinoa pizza bite.
- Place a cooked prawn on top carefully.
- Place some chopped cilantro on top of the prawn.
- Serve, eat and enjoy this wonderful snack.
Step 4: Make Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Sauce
- Sesame Seeds - 1 Cup
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Dry toast sesame seeds. Grind it to a fine paste along with garlic, salt and olive oil. Keep this basic tahini sauce aside.
- Roast the red bell pepper on top of the stove.
- Remove the charred skin
- Wash it again.
- Grind it to a thin paste.
- Mix it with the prepared basic tahini sauce.
- The Roasted Red Bell Pepper Tahini Sauce is ready!
- You can use this spread for pizzas, bread and also as a side for almost anything like Indian breads etc.
Step 5: Make Roasted Pepper Tahini Sauce Quinoa Pizza Bites
- Spread the roasted pepper tahini sauce on top of the baked quinoa pizza bite.
- Place chopped fresh corn and chopped cilantro on top of the tahini sauce carefully.
- Serve, eat and enjoy this vegetarian quinoa snack.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.