INSTRUCTIONS FOR OPERATION:
1. Clip alligator clips to igniter.
2. Plug 9v battery into Arduino.
3. The screen should say "0 delay"
4. Press up and down on your remote until it says the exact number of seconds you want it to countdown from.
5. When ready to launch, walk away from the rocket (without worrying about how far the cable stretches) and press the center button on your TV remote.
6. It'll countdown from the number you chose (displaying the countdown on the bottom row of the LCD) and your rocket will be up in the air!
Here is a poor quality video showing the device activating an igniter. Just imagine that the igniter is inside a rocket.
Step 1: Supplies
1 Estes Launch Controller
1 5v Relay
1 LCD screen (for displaying countdown)
1 IR receiver diode
1 NPN transistor
1 10k resistor
The IRremote library