Introduction: RECIPE | AVOCADO EGG TOAST
I'm sure many of you have seen or heard about this dish many times on social media but there's a good reason for it. Avocado Egg Toast tastes heavenly especially when you kick it up a notch by adding garlic salt and fresh chives. A simple and delicious meal that fills you to the brim. I honestly can't have more than one piece because it's that filling. The ingredients are few and fit for a vegetarian.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 30 MINS
- 2 ripe Avocados with pit and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Chives finely chopped
- 4 eggs (opt for organic or free range eggs)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 slices of an Italian Bread Loaf
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Finely chop your chives
- Diagonally cut your bread loaf into 3/4 inch thick slices
- Brush all sides of the bread with olive oil. Set aside
- Cut and de-pit your avocados and scoop out insides. Mash the avocado with a fork
- Mix in 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt into the avocado mash
- In a large wide pan, set heat to medium and begin toasting your bread slices on each side until golden brown. With your avocado mash, spread about 2-3 tablespoons on each bread slice
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil. In a small separate bowl, crack one egg into it. Lower heat to low-medium until bubbles are just simmering and gently slide the egg out of the bowl into the hot water. Poach each egg for about 5-6 minutes or more if you prefer cooked eggs
- With a slotted spoon, gently scoop the egg out and lay it on your avocado mash Season the egg with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle fresh chives on top
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.