I'm sure you've seen Baked Avocado Egg everywhere on social media. It's one of those easy dishes that requires little time to make, yet is so tasty and filling. It's high in natural and good fats because avocado contains monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Avocados also do not contain any cholesterol. This dish is probably the most decadent way to eat an avocado - something about runny eggs colliding with creamy avocado topped with cheese and salsa. Give it a shot and let me know what you think. This dish is great for vegetarians and can be made is less than 25 minutes!
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
YIELDS 2 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 1 AVOCADO DE-PITTED AND SLICED IN HALF WITH SKIN ON2 EGG YOLKS (SAVE THE WHITES FOR ANOTHER RECIPE)
- 1/4 CUP OF GRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 1/4 OF SALSA
- 1/4 TSP OF DRIED CHIVES
- 1 GARLIC MINCED AND SAUTEED
- 1/8 TSP OF GARLIC SALT
- 1/8 TSP OF PEPPER
- 1/8 TSP OF DRIED CHIVES
- 1/2 TBSP OF OLIVE OIL
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare ingredients as listed above.
- In a small pan set on low heat, add olive oil and fry your minced garlic until soft for about 30 seconds.
- Slice your avocado into half and remove the pit. Sprinkle cooked garlic over avocados.
- Crack both eggs removing the whites and only pour the yolk into each avocado hole. Alternatively, you can pour the whole egg into each avocado by first scooping out some of the meat to create space.
- Sprinkle garlic salt & pepper over the egg and avocado. Layer a bit of the cheese over top.
- Bake avocadoes for 15 minutes. Your eggs will come out runny. If you prefer cooked yolks, bake for another 5-10 minutes and check on the eggs.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar cheese and garnish with dried chives. Serve with salsa.