I think my favourite breakfast food has got to be taters. I love the crispy exterior with the soft interior. I love how the spices make them so flavourful. And now, I can make them in my own home without having to buy the frozen stuff in the grocery store that doesn't taste nearly as good.
This is my version of breakfast taters. It's made with masquerade potatoes, organic extra virgin olive oil and a variety of spices. I'm having them with a Truffle Mayonnaise made with organic free range eggs by Neal Brothers. Neal Brothers sent me a sample to try and I'm pretty amazed by the taste of it and how well it compliments this dish. You can really taste the truffle oil. Their products can be found at most Canadian grocers.
I also want you guys to know that I'm truthful to my readers about the products that I use in my recipes. If a product doesn't taste good, then they're out. I'd feel terrible for telling anyone about a product that doesn't live up to its words. If a product doesn't work, I will finish it myself (to reduce on waste) but I don't feature ones I'm not happy with. I'm also not sponsored by any companies listed. Although some may send me products for free, I'm not paid to feature them so there's a difference between receiving free samples and being sponsored for a post.
Alright back to this recipe, it's so quick to make and perfect for those mornings where you want to have a nice breakfast but you don't want to change out of your PJ's. Perfect for weekend mornings with the family or just by yourself :) I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and if you do, please share it with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this post.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 25 MINS
- 5 medium masquerade potatoes unpeeled and small diced (1 cm x 1 cm)
- 3 tbsp of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp of Cajun spice
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 3/4 tsp of dried thyme leaves
Optional for dipping: Truffle Mayonnaise
Required: Baking tray and silicone mat (...or parchment paper although I'm not a fan of waste).
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a baking tray lined with a reusable silicone mat, throw in your diced potatoes that are cut into 1 cm x 1 cm.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the spices, thyme and olive oil together. Pour the mixture over potatoes and using your hands, massage it into the potatoes until evenly coated.
- Bake for 25 minutes until crispy brown. No need to flip. Serve immediately with your dipping mayo. Enjoy!