Introduction: RECIPE | BRIE CHEESE & APPLE SANDWICH
If you love sweet Brie cheese with bread or crackers, you will definitely like this sandwich. This isn't your typical sandwich, it's like a "dessert" sandwich because it contains sweet ingredients like apples, cinnamon, pecans, brie cheese on cinnamon raisin toast. This is a healthy and tasty meal to make - great for the family and for vegetarians too!
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 30 MINS
Adapted from Culinary Notebooks: "Panini Wraps & Sandwiches"
- 4 slices of Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 1 Golden Delicious peeled & sliced into thin pieces
- 1 small round of Brie Cheese thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of Pecan Nuts coarsely chopped
- Cinnamon powderButter
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above in the INGREDIENT LIST
- In a small frying pan, set the heat to low-medium. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and allow it melt. Add your slices of apple to the pan.
- Lightly sprinkle Cinnamon powder over the apple slices. Allow them to fry for 3 mins on each side. We only want to brown it.
- Meanwhile, on a baking sheet line up your cinnamon raisin bread. Optional: you may spread butter on your bread
- Apply a layer of brie cheese to each slice of bread. Bake in the oven until cheese is bubbling (approx. 5 mins). Careful not to burn your toast. Remove your toast from the oven and sprinkle some chopped pecans over the cheese
- Then add one layer of your fried apple slices over the pecans and close your sandwich.