Introduction: RECIPE | BROCCOLI SALAD
This quick and easy broccoli salad will make eating this vegetable seem like a breeze especially if you like coleslaw. The crunchy raw broccoli is marinated in organic mayonnaise, vinegar and cane sugar giving it a sweetness while mixed with red onions, raisins and pumpkin seeds. Also if you're looking for a brand that sells good organic mayo using free-run eggs, check out Neal's Brothers classic mayonnaise by clicking here.
Broccoli is a super food. It has many health benefits as listed below:
- Prevents cancer. It contains glucoraphanin which is converted into a cancer fighting element which helps the body get rid of a cancer causing bacterium called H.pylori. - Reduces your cholesterol as broccoli is full of fibre that helps cholesterol exit your body. - Helps keep allergic reactions at bay and lowers inflammation as it contains anti-inflammatory nutrients. - High in antioxidants as it is packed with Vitamin C. - Gives your strong bones since it's high in calcium and vitamin K. - Keeps your heart in check as it prevents damage to blood vessels. - Great for detoxifying your body.
Facts are sourced by Care2
Note: I am not sponsored by any of the brands listed in this post. These products are listed because I believe in their quality as well as the company behind them.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | CHILLING TIME 30-60 MINS
- 1 HEAD OF BROCCOLI
- 1/2 OF 1 RED ONION
- 1/4 CUP OF ROASTED SALTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 1/2 CUP OF ORGANIC MAYONNAISE
- 1/3 CUP OF DRIED RAISINS
- 1/8 CUP OF CANE SUGAR
- 1 TBSP OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Wash your broccoli and pat dry with a towel. Remove the stem and slice off the broccoli florets. Slice the florets into bite size pieces. Place them in a bowl. Dice your red onion.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cane sugar and vinegar until sugar is dissolved. Then add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Next add your broccoli florets, onions and raisins to the wet mixture and combine well. Refrigerate for 30-60 mins.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the pumpkin seeds all over for that added crunch.