This week I'll be featuring two different recipes using the same herbs - chives and dill! Using the same ingredients in two separate meals is a great way to save money, reduces waste and leads to a more sustainable lifestyle. Food waste in landfills releases greenhouse gases into our ozone adding to global warming. It may not contribute as much gas as animal agriculture but it's still a factor.
Now onto this Creamy Herb Potato Salad that my husband introduced to me. Have you ever had a potato salad where the outside of the potato has flavour and the inside tastes bland? Well this is not that kind of potato salad - this is soaked in flavour! It's made with chives, dill, lemon juice, organic mayo, olive oil and red baby potatoes. The fresh ingredients take this dish to a whole new level that you cannot get with dried herbs. This dish is meatless and perfect for vegetarians too but it will really keep you full. Enjoy this recipe and I hope it becomes your new go-to recipe for potato salad.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS | CHILLING TIME 2 HOURS
- 1.5 LBS OF MINI RED POTATOES UNPEELED
- 1/2 A BUNCH OF FRESH CHIVES FINELY CHOPPED
- 1/2 A BUNCH OF FRESH DILL FINELY CHOPPED
- ZEST OF 1 LEMON
- JUICE OF 1 LEMON
- 1/2 CUP OF ORGANIC MAYO
- 1 TBSP OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 TSP OF SALT
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- Boil potatoes with skin on in a medium pot set on high heat for 15 minutes until you can easily pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Strain the potatoes and cut them into small quarters. Transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
- While potatoes are hot, season with lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and olive oil and combine.
- Then add on your herbs and organic mayo and mix.
- Allow this to chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Or if you're impatient like me, you can probably dig in after 1 hour but the flavours may not have absorbed as well.