Introduction: RECIPE | MUSHROOM UDON NOODLES
I've been a tad obsessed with soy sauce lately from my Soy Chicken Wing recipe to this Mushroom Udon Noodle dish. This is a very easy Asian dish to make and it's so perfect for days after work. If you're quick, you can make this dish in under 30 minutes! The texture of the soft Udon noodles combined with chewy King mushrooms makes this one of my favourite noodle dishes. It's also completely meatless. I hope you give it a shot and share this recipe with your friends and family.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 16 oz. or 454 g king oyster mushroom, sliced
- 3 servings of frozen udon noodle (8.82 oz per serving)
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp of Mushroom Flavoured Dark Soy Sauce (not light)
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium size pot set on high filled with boiling hot water, blanch your frozen noodles until they are loosened and soft. Approximately 3 minutes. Immediately strain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop it from cooking.
- In a large skillet set on medium heat, add your oil. Then fry the garlic and green onions until soft approximately 30 seconds. Add your mushrooms and fry until soft, approximately 5-7 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Toss your cooked udon noodles in and add in soy sauce. Mix until noodles and mushrooms are evenly coated in sauce and remove skillet off heat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.