Introduction: RECIPE | POTATO & LEEK CROQUETTES
I've always wanted to learn how to make croquettes. Ask my family but I am a sucker for anything fried and crispy. I just cannot live without it. I was inspired by this recipe that I found through Mama Earth Organics from a Vegan Blogger called Let's Be Vegan. I thought how hard could this be. It wasn't that difficult at all and sometimes I think the word "croquette" makes it sound complex being so eloquent and all ;) This recipe does take some time but once you have that fried goodness in your mouth you'll forget about it. This dish is great for vegetarians and vegans. If you made this recipe and liked it, click on the "heart" button or post a comment below :) I'd love to hear your positive thoughts.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
YIELDS APPROX. 15 PIECES | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 1 HOUR
- 1 Leek cleaned super well and thinly chopped
- 1 lb of Baby Yellow Potatoes coarsley chopped and boiled
- 1 handful of Parsley finely chopped
- 1 handful of Fresh Chives finely chopped
- 1 cup of Cornflake Crumbs or any bread crumb
- 4 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Pepper
- 1 tsp of Garlic Salt
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Prepare your ingredient list as specified above
- Boil your potatoes until cooked. If you chop them into smaller pieces, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Drain after cooking
- In a large wide pan, set the heat to medium. Add in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add in your chopped leeks and garlic. Fry until softened but not browned. Add in your salt, pepper, and garlic salt and stir. Then add in your chives, parsley and cooked potatoes
- Mash the potatoes with a masher until it's smooth. If you have some clumps that's fine. It all depends on the texture you want. Pour the flour in and mix well until the mixture is heavy and thick. Remove pan off stove and allow it to cool
- Now it's time to make your croquette balls! Roll them into 1.5 inches in diameter. Evenly coat each croquette in the Corn flake crumbs.
- In a large pan set on medium heat, add in your remaining olive oil. Once hot, begin frying your croquettes and slightly flatten with a utensil. Fry for 4 minutes on each side until brown.
- Serve with some Garlic Aioli Dip (recipe found here) and ENJOY!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.