Introduction: RECIPE | POTATO OMELETTE
This is a childhood recipe taught by my late grandmother. She was a pretty amazing cook and taught me a couple recipes that are so simple and unforgettable, like this easy yet filling Potato Omelette. It's so simple and only consists of five ingredients (3 if you don't count salt and pepper)! The crispy diced potatoes combined with the softness of the egg make this a great breakfast dish. For top flavour, I use free-range organic eggs by Burnbrae Farms. I find that there eggs have a wonderful sweetness to them I can't describe. That sweet taste originates from the fact that free-range organic chickens live happier and healthier lives so their offspring also benefit from that too. You can find Burnbrae Farm eggs at most major retailers. For more information on their eggs, please click here
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 1 | PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOK TIME 12 MINS
- 2 EGGS SCRAMBLED (OPT FOR FREE-RANGE ORGANIC)
- 1 MEDIUM POTATO PEELED
- 1 TBSP OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above. Small dice your potatoes (1 cm x 1 cm approximately).
- In a small deep non-stick pan set on medium heat, pour in the olive oil. Then add your potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and allow this to fry until golden brown or for 7 minutes. Flip them every now and again.
- Once potatoes are browned, pour in the scrambled eggs. Allow the eggs to coat potatoes evenly. Cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip your omelette and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
Tip: To flip the whole omelette while keeping a perfect circle, cover the pan with a larger serving plate. Then flip the whole pan over while holding the plate underneath it so that the egg can drop on the plate. Then place pan back on stove top, slide the egg from the plate back onto the pan to fry the other side.
Serve with some ketchup or some chopped herbs. Enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.