Let me start off by saying that it's been a busy month. My husband and I have been busy with home renovations along with having some extended family visiting. There was a week where I decided to take a break from blogging and it was really nice! Blogging twice a week usually entails a full day of cooking, photographing, editing and writing these posts into coherent recipes. Sometimes the posts include some nutritional research as well. The break has given me some time to think of newer and tastier recipe ideas that I'm quite excited to share with you all.
With that said, here's a very easy shove-in-the-oven side dish - Roasted Broccoli & Peppers with Parmesan. If you're going 100% meatless, replace the Parmesan with nutritional yeast (Parmesan cheese is fermented in calf rennet aka stomach - I sadly learned this recently). I had a good chunk of it in my fridge so no point in wasting that while disrespecting the animal that created it. This is one of my favourite ways to have vegetables and you're getting loads of fibre with the broccoli.
In this recipe I'm cooking with Terra Delyssa Extra Virgin Olive Oil (organic). I've been using this oil for a long time and you can find this oil at Costco, Walmart and Longos. It's just got a nice clean taste to it and I find it multi-functional, goes well with pasta's, breads, great for cooking and roasting.
I hope you guys give this recipe a try! I'd also love to hear your ideas on what you eat for your vegetable intake? Leave comments below if you'd like.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this post.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 5-6 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | BAKE TIME 25 MINS
REQUIRED: BAKING TRAY
- 5 heads of broccoli with trunks, with florets chopped and trunks sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F
- Prepare all your vegetables as listed above and place them in a oiled baking tray. Eco-Tip: Using a silicone mat allows for these veggies to slide right off your tray with the use of less oil. You're also reducing the waste of using parchment paper or tin foil.
- Drizzle about 2-3 tbsp of olive oil and massage oil into the veggies with your hands. Sprinkle your garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes until broccoli is cooked.
- Grate parmesan cheese over your veggies while hot and serve immediately. Enjoy!