Introduction: RECIPE | ROSE MUSHROOM FETTUCCINE
This has been one of my favourite pastas to eat lately. It's got a creamy tomato flavour and the mushrooms make it smell like Bolognese pasta but it's meatless! The flat noodles compliment the heavy sauce well and the best part is that it's so easy and quick to make! Perfect for vegetarians and non-vegetarians or part-timers like me! Try it out and let me know what you think.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 10 MINS
- 450 GRAMS OF FETTUCCINE PASTA
- 1 PINT OF ORGANIC WHITE BUTTON MUSHROOMS SLICED
- 450 ML OF GOOD QUALITY MARINARA SAUCE (I USE VICTORIA WHITE LINEN MARINARA SAUCE FOUND AT COSTCO)
- 1 WHOLE SHALLOT FINELY CHOPPED
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES FINELY CHOPPED
- 2 TBSP OF ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1/4 CUP OF 18% CREAM
- 1/4 CUP OF RESERVED HOT PASTA WATER
- SMALL HANDFUL OF FRESH BASIL LEAVES
**TIP: It's important to use good quality marinara sauce, without it and this pasta may not give you that sweet and rich tomato taste you're looking for. As mentioned above, I use Victoria White Linen Marinara sauce found at Costco. It's so good I could drink this stuff **
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Begin boiling the fettuccine according to package instructions for Al-Dente texture. Reserve 1/4 cup of the hot pasta water before straining the pasta.
- In a large deep pan set on medium heat, add olive oil and fry shallots and garlic until translucent. Then add your sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft and light brown.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and stir. Cook for 3 minutes with lid on.
- Then add in your cream and stir until your sauce is a light rose colour. Cook for another 2 minutes with lid on.
- Add your reserved pasta water and stir until the sauce is thickened (about 1 minute).
- Now add your strained pasta until noodles are coated in the sauce. Serve with some fresh basil leaves and enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.