Introduction: RECIPE | STEAMED GINGER SOY CHICKEN
This week I'll be featuring two dishes. Together these two dishes with some steamed rice will make one simple Chinese meal that can be incorporated into your weekly meal plans. The first recipe I'm sharing with you is a Steamed Chinese Chicken marinated in a soy and ginger sauce.
This recipe will guarantee you tender juicy chicken if you follow the instructions. I'm cooking with certified humane chicken by Blue Goose Pure Foods which you can find at major Canadian retailers. When my husband and I eat meat (only once or twice a week), we make an effort only buy humane meat. It's significantly healthier than caged chickens that are pumped with hormones and antibiotics and who are also under a lot of stress from terrible living environments. If you'd like to understand how humane chickens are raised, check out the standards listed by the Certified Humane Organization by clicking here. They break it down by animal type, from chickens to cows.
I do hope you try this recipe out and please consider purchasing certified-humane meat to make it. If you like it, feel free to share this post with your family and friends.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by the companies listed in this post.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 3-4 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 15 MINS
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs, sliced
- 1 stalk of green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of sliced ginger
- 2 tsp of organic light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of organic dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp of rice cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp of cane sugar
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper or white pepper
Required: Large Steamer
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium size bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Then add in the sliced chicken and mix well with chop sticks.
- Pour chicken with marinade onto a deep wide dish suitable for steaming and steam for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve immediately with rice and veggies.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.