Introduction: RECIPE | WARM DILL POTATO EGG SALAD
This recipe was inspired by a restaurant up in Newmarket where they served this dish called a "Warm Heirloom Potato Salad". It was so delicious but I felt that I could kick it up a few notches by throwing in sweet potato, dill leaves, swapping out the anchovy dressing for a garlic one and substituting the meat for eggs. Alternatively this salad is just as good without the egg if you prefer not to mix eggs with potatoes. The end result tasted like one warm creamy dill potato chip and that's a good thing! This dish is great for all meals of the day. It's fit for part or full-time vegetarians. I hope you enjoy it!
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOK TIME 45 MINS
- 1 SWEET POTATO PEELED & CHOPPED IN LARGE BITE SIZE PIECES
- 4 MEDIUM RUSSET POTATOES **UN**PEELED & CHOPPED IN LARGE BITE SIZE PIECES
- 4 SMALL PURPLE POTATOES **UN**PEELED & CHOPPED IN LARGE BITE SIZE PIECES
- 1 BUNCH OF FRESH DILL LEAVES FINELY CHOPPED (do not include stems)
- 4 GARLIC CLOVES UNPEELED & UNCHOPPED
- 4 EGGS (1 EGG/PERSON)
- 8 ROMAINE LETTUCE LEAVES SLICED HALFWAY
- 1/2 TEASPOON OF GARLIC SALT
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL OR BUTTER
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- SALAD DRESSING: Greek Yogourt - Roasted Garlic Dressing or any creamy dressing with a garlic base
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare your ingredients as listed above.
- In a large deep pot filled with water 3/4 of the way, fill it with your chopped potatoes and par-boil for 20 minutes. Then strain them in a colander.
- On a baking sheet, pour 2 tbsps of olive oil or melted butter. Throw in your parboiled potatoes, whole garlic cloves and dill. Toss it around to get them evenly coated with oil.
- Season with garlic salt & salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30 minutes until potatoes are crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, cook your eggs however you like them (sunny side up, over easy, hard boiled - I would avoid scrambling them).
- Line your plate with fresh romaine lettuce leaves. Once potatoes are baked, spoon some over top of your lettuce. Lay the cooked egg on top. Drizzle some dressing over your salad and garnish with more dill.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.